Network Information Security Analyst
- WVPA Corporate Office - Technical Services Department
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
We are seeking applicants for a Network Information Security Analyst. This person will be part of a team to carry out the day-to-day responsibilities of managing the security policies and security related systems while working closely with the Senior Security Analyst and with the guidance of IT Management and Corporate Compliance.
What You'll Do
You will install, implement, administer, monitor and maintain all security architecture technology solutions including Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), vulnerability scanning management, data lost prevention (DLP), and identity and password management solutions to support all security regulatory obligations of the company.
• Investigate, document, and report threats and vulnerabilities to keep the company abreast of the latest security issues and brief appropriate individuals of emerging threats.
• Assist member cooperatives with security setup, assessments, documentation, education and remediation.
• Work with Senior Security Analyst in researching, designing, and implementing new technologies, processes, and controls to improve the organization defense in depth strategy and security posture.
You love to exceed expectations, apply systems thinking to generate solutions and promptly respond to members' requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a diagnostic approach to understanding the needs of the situation and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field required. Security Certifications and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience with network monitoring and intrusion analysis products such as Cisco firepower, Cisco route and switch, Cisco ASA, Rapid 7 InsightVM, Nessus and ForcePoint.
• Prior electric utility experience or other regulated industry is a plus.
We are a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of electricity to our owner-members. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, we were created out of the need for reliable, affordable electricity in America's heartland. Our members are 23 electric distribution cooperatives (which makes us a co-op of co-ops), and their members include over 300,000 homes, businesses and farms in Indiana, Illinois and Missouri. As a not-for-profit co-op, our members are our owners, so we aren't influenced by shareholders and old practices. We are guided by the seven cooperative principles that govern all co-ops and values that are important to us, like teamwork and putting family first. We are a Deliberately Different kind of power provider- built for stability and growth and focused on the future. And that's good news for the people and businesses who depend on us.
Our company is big enough to provide training and professional development to further your career goals, yet small enough that you can maintain a personal connection with fellow employees. Employees are our most valuable assets, so we put employees first by offering an excellent benefits package, wellness benefits, and we throw in some fun activities along the way.