SCADA EMS System Administrator
- WVPA Corporate Office - Technical Services Department
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
Wabash Valley Power Association (WVPA) is an electric generation and transmission cooperative headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. WVPA provides wholesale power to 23 distribution cooperatives in Illiniois, Indiana, and Missouri that reach over 350,000 businesses and residences. The cooperative operates under the business model of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association.
WVPA is a member of the PJM Interconnection (PJM) and the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) and a founding member of Touchstone Energy®. WVPA's generating facilities make use of coal, natural gas, landfill gas, and petcoke gasification. In addition to supplying power, WVPA also provides a broad variety of business services to help its member systems better leverage their own resources and benefit from joint efforts with other nearby co-ops.
WVPA has helped its members better serve their members by staying at the forefront of innovation in the power industry. From its instrumental role in establishing ACES, Touchstone Energy®, and MISO to developing highly successful outreach efforts such as the Energy Advisor program, WVPA has served its mission of supplying and delivering reliable wholesale power at a stable, competitive price and responding to members' collective needs.
As a SCADAEMS System Administrator you will perform administration duties for Wabash Valley Power Association's Energy Management System (EMS) including all Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
The SCADAEMS System Administrator will be responsible for:
- Strong analytical and technological skills: Able to gather relevant data using appropriate methodologies and analyze that data in such a manner that valid conclusions and insinuations can be drawn that assist in making important business decisions; embraces technology; appreciates and understands a high level of complexity, technology and innovation.
- Problem solving ability: Able to apply systems thinking to generate solutions; understands process but can focus on isolated events; obtains multiple assessments of a situation and identifies trouble spots; evaluates alternative solutions.
- Sound communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written work; reads and interprets complex information; conveys information effectively; listens well.
- Influence and persuasion ability: Able to convince others in both positive and negative circumstances; uses tact when expressing ideas or opinions; presents new ideas to authority figures; responds to objections successfully.
- Customer focused: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- Organizational and Prioritization skills: Able to prioritize and organize work to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- Strong planning ability: Able to manage multiple projects; determines project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; organizes and schedules people and tasks.
- Project Management: Able to analyze initial conditions, effectively plan, and efficiently execute complex projects within prescribed budgets and time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree or Associates Degree with relevant experience in technical field (preferably computer or electric/electronics preferred) required.
- Three to four years of prior experience in an engineering technology capacity preferred. Previous experience with EMS/SCADA and networking preferred.
- Familiarity with PI and/or scripting languages, SQL, and C is a plus
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
At Wabash Valley Power we have diverse employment opportunities such as information technology, accounting, marketing, engineering and operations, to name a few. You can feel good about what you do as our staff receives satisfaction knowing that their work makes a difference by directly improving people's lives.
Our company is big enough to allow you the opportunity to stay educated on the latest technology and training, yet small enough to maintain a personal connection with our employees. Wabash Valley Power puts a lot of corporate energy into our employees' personal growth and skills development. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable assets, so we have developed a culture which takes care of our employees by offering an excellent benefit package and by providing opportunities for the future.